The RequirementsTo be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree. SHRM certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of strong HR generalist experience including familiarity with recruiting, training, onboarding, employee relations, employment laws, etc.
- Some supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Experience implementing and creating HR policies and procedures that support the overall success of an organization.
- Strong experience in HR operations and the ability to deploy tools and resources to achieve goals and solve problems.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and partner with contacts in the field.
- Multi-location and global experience preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems, intranet and strong computer skills. Experience with ADP products will be an advantage.
- MS Office proficiency, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
- A professional presence and the ability to interact with Executive leadership.
- Knowledge of immigration processes is preferred.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Superior interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion, high energy, and a willingness to step up and get things done.
- A strong sense of urgency.
- A commitment to ethics, confidentiality and integrity.
- Proven management and influencing skills combined with an ability to work effectively in an environment of ambiguity where relationship building and influencing skills get things done.
The RoleReporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, as HR Manager, you will be responsible for the management of the Human Resources function at our Corporate World Headquarters in Troy, Michigan. You’ll support our employees at this facility by managing the following key activities:
- Onboarding / Training
- Performance Management
- Employee Relations
- Talent Assessments
- Employee Engagement
- And much more...
There’s a lot of room to build and create here. For example, we don’t have standardized employee handbooks and some procedures are not fully integrated. As we implement, improve and refine, you’ll have the ability to contribute ideas and drive them throughout the organization. This will be a lean, flat HR team where change will be welcomed and encouraged as we grow to become a best-in-class HR organization.
You’ll work with a team of professionals that is comprised of support functions for Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, HRIS/Retirement and contacts in the field.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Dayco is proud to be a global company with offices throughout North America, South America, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia/Pacific.
Why DaycoStrategic and tactical impact
You'll help define and communicate the vision for our HR function both at corporate and globally. You'll drive efficiencies, automate and create processes and more. You'll ensure HR serves us well now and into the future. In addition, you'll make tactical contributions that will give you the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making a direct impact on each one of our employees.
As we've already mentioned, there's a lot of room to make your mark. One of your first initiatives will be to take an audit of what we have and what we don't--looking for holes in our processes or missing procedures. This role will be yours to shape and develop.
Of course you'll interact extensively with the HR organization, but you'll also work with people in many other functional areas. Our senior leaders will be following the progress of this important leadership role. The CHRO is committed to the success of his people and you'll serve as his key business partner as you drive initiatives.
This role will give you an understanding of our overall operations and definitely allow you to showcase your leadership skills and ability to continue to grow in other functional HR areas. These are characteristics we look for when opportunities arise, and we're committed to promoting from within whenever possible.
Competitive benefits package
In addition to your compensation package, we offer competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family; life insurance; paid vacation; and a 401(k) plan with company match.
Pictured: Dayco is the proud recipient of the 2017 Automotive News PACE (Premier Automotive Suppliers’ Contribution to Excellence) Award for its ACTIVAC™ vacuum generation system on the 2017 Ford F-150.
Keys to SuccessTo excel in this role you will be a strong HR Generalist with a wide breadth of experience and a hunger to make an impact right off the bat. This is not a role where you’ll just be going through the corporate motions, instead, you are actually going to impact the organization on a global level.
You still will need to be proactive about establishing your credibility before you can drive real results; this will include relating to and building relationships with diverse personalities at all levels, and using your influencing skills to get buy-in on the changes. You'll also need managerial courage to take on potentially sensitive issues that sometimes pop-up in the HR realm. While this role has strong strategic components, it also includes blocking and tackling. Ours is a fast-paced environment and things can feel overwhelming at times. But if you are the professional we are looking for, you’ll have the ability to remain calm under pressure and stay flexible and adaptable as priorities shift and evolve.